Friday, August 17, 2012

Studying

In my quest to accomplish greater shots, I have picked up several books on Photography. Currently I am reading through a text book on Black and White Photography Technique. Very interesting actually...and yet, a moment ago, I realized I am sitting at home on a Friday night...inside the house reading a book, while the rest of my family is outside hanging out by the fire...

This has me thinking that I need to give a little! Tomorrow night (hopefully it's not going to rain tomorrow...I haven't looked at the forecast) I will not do anything photography related but instead will spend the entire time with my family!

Tomorrow I have another boudoir photo shoot. I am not sure what to think of this and yet...I did not intend to do anymore of these shoots than the one I was asked to do...and yet, I find it intriguing now that I am on my third one...and have been asked to do several others that I am now working on scheduling. I find them fun, and may end up doing one with me on the other side of the camera to help myself understand what it is that I'm asking of my clients when I want them to pose a certain way, and how self conscious someone becomes on that side of the lens.

I am also looking forward to several other shoots that are coming up including a senior portrait shoot with my best friends son...It seems impossible that he could be a senior already!

All in all, I am completely enjoying this adventure I am on...and indeed it is an adventure...Photography opens your eyes to so many things...It doesn't matter what I'm doing anymore, I see things as if I'm looking through a lens and want to keep my camera near me all the time so that I can capture great things.

  This was a shot that I took last weekend during a photo shoot of these two brothers. The younger one absolutely loves trains and his mother purchased a black and white print of the old grain elevator that still sits over the tracks...that is where we took this picture...but we took it on just the opposite side of the grain elevator. Fun shoot, fun day, cute boys!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love seeing all of the different photos you are taking! I think that studying is less like work when you really enjoy what you are learning about :)

gabby1 said...

Thanks so much Sally. I agree, if you are studying something you love it just seems like absorbing information rather than the traditional thoughts we have about Studying. :)